The best time to start a blog was 15 years ago… the second-best time is right now.
If you’ve followed Make Time Online for any length of time, you’ve probably heard me shout the benefits of starting a blog before…
- It’s possible to create passive income (do work once and get paid over and over again… there are loads of ways to monetise a blog)
- You can promote any business you currently have (see my chat with Riaz for more on this)
- It’s possible to create a business around something you enjoy doing
- Start making money in a way that suits the life you want to live, rather than the other way around
- There’s no limit to the income you can achieve (check out my chat with Jeff and Ben from Dollarsprout… they make $240k a month!)
- It’s fun!
This podcast sums up the “make money blogging” podcast series. Particularly, my chats with Alex from Create and Go (Part 1, Part 2) and Paul “Scrivs” Scrivens from Dare to Conquer (Part 1, Part 2).
In case you don’t know these guys, they make over $1 million a year from their blogs and help others learn how to make money blogging. #theyknowwhattheyaredoing
Listen on Apple Podcasts/ Google Podcasts
Make Money Blogging Podcast Series Summary
You can get the nitty-gritty by clicking the links to the chats with these guys at the top of these show notes.
But to sum up the main 5 takeaways from this make money blogging podcast series:
- Find what people are already searching for online (and write about that)
- Solve one problem for your audience. Can you help take them on a transformation i.e. lose 10 pounds in 21 days
- FOCUS! Learn one thing at a time and avoid those shiny objects.
- Get traffic to your blog. Use one tool to help and do it better than others
- Track key data once you have traffic (what do people look at most)
But remember, don’t overcomplicate things!
Get started & take small actions every day.
What Was Your Main Takeaway From the Make Money Blogging Podcast Series?
Drop a comment below with your main takeaway from the chats with Alex or Scrivs. Was there something else you picked up on? Is there something you’d like to know more about? Have you started a blog?
Feel free to drop a link below and share your own blog!
Keep changing for the better
P.S. Check out the Blog Income Reports Study- How the 7 Best Niches Make Money. Some of the stats in there will blow your mind!