In the spirit of full transparency, know that this Dare to Conquer podcast show notes contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read the full disclosure policy.
You’re probably reading this page because you’d like to know how to create a 6 figure online business.
Chances are you think it will be super hard.
But what if there was an 18-month blueprint already laid out for you?
Paul (Scrivs) Scrivens explains the one question you need to ask yourself to see if your idea can become a 6-7 figure business.
On the show we chat about:
- The 2 types of online entrepreneurs
- What the one thing is that super successful online businesses do
- Why Scrivs is very grateful for his wife (…no he didn’t cry!)
- What Scrivs would say to himself if he could go back in time
This is part 2. You can check out “the worst mistake new bloggers make” for part 1.
There are 2 Types of Online Entrepreneurs
Scrivs splits his audience into 2 different people.
- 6-7 figure business owners
Let’s dig into what the difference is…
Bloggers- Just Want a Side Income
There are some people that really just want to make an extra $1,000 or so every month.
Sometimes these people just want to write and would be extremely happy if it made a bit of income on the side.
A key focus here is to write content that is suited to Pinterest. You can learn more about why this is the case in “how to use Pinterest for beginners”.
They may want it to become a full-time business in the future, but usually, they have a different mindset to the 6-7 figure business owners…
6-7 Figure Business’s AKA 1,000 True Fans
There is really only one simple question to ask yourself…
What transformation are you going to deliver?
Can you create a product that gets people from point A to point B?
You probably have noticed that when you look at everything you need to do for an online business in one go… it seems pretty overwhelming!
This is why Scrivs recommends that you don’t focus on everything at once… just do one thing at a time.
Slow and steady amigo.
Here’s a way to help you keep it simple:
- It only takes one blog post that connects with someone for them to join your email list
- It only takes one email sequence that provides value for them to trust you
- When someone trusts you they are much more likely to buy something from you
Can you see the importance of building trust and authority?
Your reader is now more likely to want to see what your course can provide.
This is the secret to getting 1,000 true fans.
And 1,000 true fans that pay you $100 a year = $100,000 (a 6 figure business).
Now, if you’re like me you’d be interested to know more about…
Scrivs Working Habits
So how does the guy that has 20+ courses and so many niche websites keep on top of everything?
His habits and the life he has created certainly helps:
- He batches content (he’ll often write a lot in one day then do no writing the day after)
- This month Scrivs has written: 80,000 words in 20 posts, 17 emails and 3 video scripts.
- He has a list of keywords ready to write about
- Family members help out with work they enjoy doing
- Write like you talk- don’t edit yourself when you write (try to entertain as you educate)
One other thing…
Scrivs has found that a subscription model and evergreen courses make things easier for cash flow. (It doesn’t mean it’s easy to do though!)
- Lessons from the 100 Best Self Improvement Books
- The Best Niche to Make Money Online
- 5 Pinterest Hacks to Skyrocket Your Traffic
Top 3 Tips if Scrivs Could go Back in Time
This is what Scrivs would say if he could go back in time to when he had just gone back to a day job.
- Ask more questions from people that have expertise in areas you don’t
- Set time aside to actually do the work (i.e. set a schedule and wake up early)
- Communicate more with your wife early on
Can you imagine the power of being able to tell your past self these pearls of wisdom?
Full Podcast Transcript
If you want to contact Scrivs or learn more about the courses he has on offer then you can do so here:
Obstacle (Scrivs blogging website)
Dare to Conquer (create a 6 figure business)
Blog Revenue Engine (make $1,000 per month within 6 months)
Scrivs From Dare to Conquer Podcast Summary
So there it is!
Deliver a transformation for someone and you will be on the right track to creating a 6 figure business.
The blueprint for creating a 6 figure business is within clicking distance (see what I did there!?)
Will it be easy?
Are the best things in life ever easy?
You know the answer to that one.
Keep changing for the better