In the spirit of full transparency, know that this F.U. Money book review contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. In fact, you may receive a discount or some money for free! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
As you read every word of this F.U. Money book review you will discover how to make as much money as you want and live your life as you please.
Imagine what it would be like to live your life knowing that you can do what you want when you want.
It does beg the question…
“Why doesn’t everyone live life this way?”
You don’t realise it yet, but in the next 2 minutes, you’re going to learn how this is possible for ANYONE to do.
F.U. Money Book Review- The Overview and Rankings
- Name: F.U. Money- Make as Much Money as You Damn Well Want and Live Your Life as You Damn Well Please
- Author: Dan Lok – 88 out of 100
- Originality: 85 out of 100
- Practical methods: 75 out of 100
- Enjoyability: 96 out of 100
- Price: Kindle $8.50 | Audiobook $19.59 | Paperback $13.33
- Maketimeonline.com Rating: 86 out of 100
Pros and Cons
- Straight talking no BS approach to the book
- Motivating and makes you want to take action
- Shows the 9 characteristics of the ideal business
- Can help you to assess what you’re doing and whether it is scalable
- Opens your eyes to the possibilities in the world right now
- Great tips on Internet marketing
- Some people may take offence to the straight-talking approach
- He pretty much spells out the best business model (but doesn’t provide practical tips for how to start… so it leaves you wanting more)
- Points you in the direction of his website (I expected to see a course or something sold but it’s just his book)
Who is This F.U. Money Book Review for?
Now, let me ask you this…
Are you ready to take action?
No, I mean SERIOUSLY.
Not just kind’ve think you’re ready.
It may sound wishy-washy but this book really is for people who are ready to make a BIG change in their life.
It is especially for:
- Internet marketers
- People ready to take action
- Those On the path to financial independence retire early (FIRE)
- Somone fed up in the job or working for someone else
- People that WANT to learn new skills
- An entrepreneur wannabe
- A business owner
So read on to find out what you can learn from the book…
What’s F.U. Money About?
F.U. money is the amount of money you make where you can literally say “fuck you” to anyone you want without consequence.
It’s about freedom!
Dan Lok mentions how he really does enjoy the free things in life.
Such as a good conversation with a friend.
However, he points out that reaching this F.U. money stage allows the freedom to do these things more often.
Is this starting to sound familiar?
Dan Lok came to America with no money, no connections and without being able to speak English. He’s now a self-made millionaire and he was born in 1981!
The thing is most people won’t reach this stage due to three things:
- Myths about money
- The mindset
- No plan
- How to Make Money at Home
- Why Make Time Online? Financial Independence Retire Early Blog
- Save Hours of Time with these Resources
- What I’ve Learnt from Reading Over 100 Books in the Last 3 Years
- The Secret to Earn Passive Income
- How we Save £30,000 a Year and Travel as Teachers
The Seven Golden Keys to Internet Riches
There are some amazing lessons in this book but if you’ve read anything on make time online before you will know how important making money online is in today’s world.
So here are Dan Lok’s seven golden keys to Internet riches:
#1 The Market Comes First
And as you absorb this information you will realise that this is the most important key to being successful in any business, but especially an online business.
Research what your market is ALREADY spending money on.
Not what you think they would like!
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Is the market already selling something similar to what I’m thinking of selling?
- Are people looking for something for FREE, or do people buy this?
- Is the market big enough?
- Can I joint venture with existing partners?
- Am I going to be able to drive traffic to my website and get people to buy my products?
Sell somehting that is already proven to sell. If you want to find where money is being made, look no further than where moeny is being spent
#2 Create a simple website that SELLS
Little by little you begin to realise your website MUST be built to sell.
It doesn’t matter how professional it looks or how many visitors you get each month.
You will only get one shot at turning a visitor into a customer so everything should be built to do one thing:
#3 Build a business
Now, I can almost hear your mind saying “but I don’t want to push sales on people”.
As you keep reading this article you are beginning to realise that creating a simple website that sells doesn’t mean you have to do this.
Assets in the online world are:
- Customer lists
- A brand
Are you beginning to see that building trust and a customer list is just as important (if not more important) than selling?
Yes, you only get one shot to impress a visitor but that doesn’t mean you HAVE to sell to them straight away.
Building a relationship and SOLVING their problems can only be done if you stay in contact with your readers.
Small distinction, BIG difference.
#4 Create multiple income streams- not loads of different businesses
Have you noticed yet that a lot of people in the online world have different websites with different niches?
The issue is that people often drive themselves crazy in the process of jumping into one market and another.
Dan Lok recommends you to sell to one market and serve the needs of ONE group of people.
Exhaust every way to make money within that one market.
If you can do this you will make more money than if you jump from one market to the next.
Note- some BIG time online marketers may have different niches and markets.
The best ones will only do this AFTER they are successful in one market.
How do they do this? Read #5…
#5 Leverage TIME and resources of others
The best online businesses know how to leverage their time.
And we know how important time is now, don’t we?
Time is more important than money. You can always get more money, but you can never get more time.
The beauty of the Internet is that it’s so easy to outsource different tasks and make the most of other people’s experience and time.
Dan Lok even says it himself…
He’s not a techie.
He doesn’t know how to code.
Websites like upwork.com mean he can easily outsource this to someone else
#6 Use your personality to sell
People buy from people they know and LIKE.
You have to be able to use your own personality on the Internet.
Write the way you talk.
Communicate one-on-one, not one-to-many!
Be who you are but AMPLIFY it!
#7 Position your business for automatic growth
Leverage the power of the Internet!
Use autoresponders to set up valuable content to be delivered to your customers.
Build this email list 24/7 with enticing opt-in boxes.
How many times have you heard the money is in the list?
Get other people to do the tasks you don’t like (writing, editing, proofreading, advertising etc.)
This will allow you to…
Do more of what works rather than trying to fix what’s broken.
Now, let me ask you this.
Where do you spend most of your time?
My Final Opinion of F.U. Money
Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could wake up and choose what to do EVERY day?
This is another book that I know will rustle people’s feathers.
Dan Lok is blunt and will make you question some of your life decisions.
It’s up to you how you take this though.
You can either become offended or really think about how you can use this information.
Are you beginning to see that Dan Lok shows another way how financial independence retire early (FIRE) doesn’t have to be a distant dream?
It can become a reality quicker than you think.
And have you noticed yet that this is not a get rich quick book?
It’s a “use the power of the Internet to get rich quicker than you otherwise could” book.
It’s a book by someone that’s walked this path and is showing you the changes you need to make to get there.
One thing that I know for a fact…
If you do want to reach financial independence and retire early, you will have to find ways of making more money.
A side hustle is a must!