There may be affiliate links in this financial freedom book review, read the full disclaimer here.
Imagine what it would be like if you could go from having $2 in your bank account to over $1 million in 5 years.
In the next few minutes, you will learn that this is exactly what Grant Sabatier did.
He is now on a mission to help others be able to do this (if they want!!)
The further on you read in this financial freedom book review, you’ll begin to understand how this is possible for you.
Financial Freedom Book Review – The Overview and Rankings
- Name: Financial Freedom- A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need
- Author: Grant Sabatier 98 out of 100
- Originality: 98 out of 100
- Practical methods: 94 out of 100
- Enjoyability: 81 out of 100
- Price: Kindle $16.71/ Audiobook $28/ Hardcover $24.30
- Maketimeonline.com Rating: 93 out of 100
Pros and Cons
- Provides an amazing retirement strategy and way to earn true PASSIVE income
- Shows that TIME is more valuable than MONEY
- Very honest and real! Grant has done this!
- Focus on making more money and side hustling (the ONLY way to retire young is to do this!)
- Practical tips on WHEN to find time for the side hustle ideas.
- Great examples with real numbers throughout the book.
- The key to saving 20% or more each month AND remove that “penny-pinching” mindset.
- Some EYE POPPING life hacks that show you how to live rent-free, travel hack and save money on food.
- How to hack your day job!
- Interesting real-estate tips to get anyone thinking.
- Leaves you wanting more detail about practical steps for the side hustles Grant did (particularly domain flipping)
- This is a long read, don’t expect to cover it all in a weekend (Could be seen as a pro for some people!)
Who is Financial Freedom for?
Since you’re still here I’m going to assume you are interested in financial freedom.
This book is really for any of the following people who:
- Hate their jobs
- Don’t want to work for someone else until they are 65+
- Want a hands-off passive income that covers their expenses… forever (and can grow!)
- Want to be able to retire early
- Are unhappy doing the same thing over and over again
- Know there’s more to life
The more you keep reading this financial freedom book review, the more you will realise it is possible to achieve.
- The Secret to Earn Passive Income
- Why Make Time Online? Financial Independence Retire Early Blog
- Save Hours of Time with these Resources
- What I’ve Learnt from Reading Over 100 Books in the Last 3 Years
- Why do People Create Blogs? These 28 Bloggers Explain Their Story
- How we Save £30,000 a Year and Travel as Teachers
Financial Freedom Book Review Best Bits
As you absorb this information, you’ll begin to feel a sense of excitement at how real and possible financial freedom is.
It’s as real as the nose on your face!
These are the highlights of some of the best bits that I found from the book:
#1 Find Your Number
This is the ONE thing that makes Grant’s book stand out like an honest man in the White House.
The best thing…
It’s monkey simple…
All you have to do is work out “your number”.
This will make you enough money to NEVER have to work again for the rest of your life!
The easy way to do this is use this simple equation:
25 x Annual expenses = Your Number
e.g. 25 x $50,000 = $1.25 million
- Index funds will return 7% per year on average in the looong run (conservatively)
- If you had $1.25 million today you could invest this into index funds.
- You could take 4% to live on ($50,000)
- You leave the additional 3% in the pot to grow your pot and compound with inflation (next year the pot is now $1,287,500)
- This means the actual AMOUNT that your 4% to live on will increase over time too (next year you could take $51,500)
Grant goes into a LOT more detail about this in his book but if you’d like more information about this NOW click the link below…
#2 Build Wealth Quickly
Don’t worry amigo, Mr Sabatier doesn’t just drop that bomb then leave you high and dry!
He knows that normal people don’t have a pot of $1.25 million!
So he spends the rest of his book showing you how it’s possible to accumulate dollar… QUICKLY!
The key here is the speed!
Now, I can almost hear your mind saying “so this is a get rich quick book?”
No, no, no!!
Grant is just a realist and makes a point that so few books do…
A lot of personal finance books will talk a lot about compounding and letting time help you out.
This book makes an excellent point though…
Our life changes!
If we are aiming for $1.25 million, if we reach that number in 30 years chances are we will need a lot more.
Because of inflation and increased expenses!
This leads to my favourite part of the book…
#3 Side Hustle Ideas
Grant starts with a story about Matt, a graphic designer earning $55,000 in Chicago.
However, Matt earns $200,000 a year on his side huslte.
Have a guess at what it is…
I bet my sanity that you didn’t guess dog walking!! But that’s what it is!
The point is you can make money from a side hustle on ANYTHING!
Here’s a list of side hustles Grant used to reach his number:
- Building websites for law firms
- Digital marketing campaigns for law firms
- Flipping domain names
- Doing Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) projects.
- Flipping vintage mopeds and VW campers
- Sold concert tickets
- Watched neighbours cat
- Writing whitepapers
- Doing research
I have since listened to Grant on Pete McPherson’s podcast “Do You Even Blog” and I can now understand how he “flipped websites”.
He is the master of SEO!
Grant did his first law firm website project for $500.
3 months later he sold a project for $50,000!
Are you beginning to see that the skills we learn from side hustles are often what makes us the big bucks?
It may be hard at first & you may not earn much money (or any!)
But eventually, you can market these skills.
#4 The Only Budget You’ll Ever Need
This is another thing that I think the book does so well!
There are literally soooooo many “frugal specialists” out there now.
You know those people telling you to live below your means.
Well here’s my personal opinion about frugality…
- It focuses our mind on how to save more money, hence closing our mind to ways to make more money
- It kills the flame we have inside us
- People do less fun things, which often create opportunities in life
- We are always waiting to start living
Now I know it’s important to not just fritter money away so…
The only budget you’ll ever need is to reduce your spending in the 3 biggest expenses of life:
The book has some great tips and ideas for you to try but here are some ways you can try to find right now:
- Share a house with friends/ rent out a room
- Buy second-hand cars that hold their value… you may be able to sell it in a couple of years for more! (typically Japanese cars)
- Cook more! (literally more and have the leftovers for lunch)
Get your finances in check by using the free template below.
And stop wasting time in this area and find ways to make more money!
#5 Hack your 9-5
As you read each word of this article you’ll notice another original thing from this financial freedom book review.
This is how to use your job to your advantage and get the most out of it:
- Maiximise benefits
- Get a raise
- Give yourself more flexibility
Mr Sabatier goes into so much detail here about how all three of the above is possible.
I particularly enjoyed the tips about getting a raise and how to find more flexibiltiy.
If this is something that may interest you then click the link below to get the book right now…
#6 Core Investment Strategy
The last point that I will mention in this financial freedom book review is the core investment strategy.
In a world that new “investments” are being created every day it’s becoming so hard to know what the right thing to do is.
Just take a look at what Google churned out about new cryptocurrencies…
No wonder people are finding it hard to know what to invest in, when “better than Bitcoin” cryptocurrencies are being invented EVERY day!
You’re probably wondering what you should invest in.
As Grant says, it hasn’t changed for years:
- Property (real estate)
Your core investment should be made up around these 3 asset classes.
By all means, have some more risky investment vehicles in there.
But understand that they will likely be a form of tactical gambling rather than investing.
As a general rule, property will give you more control (the price changes less often i.e. less volatility) and leverage (due to mortgages) but stocks and bonds are more passive.
- About Mike
- Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable
- Do People Hate Their Jobs? Research Says Yes
- The Best Life Hack- NETime
Be sure to pin this page to spread the word! This book is too good to keep to yourself!
My Final Opinion of Financial Freedom
Since you’re still here I’m going to assume you want to find a way to reach financial freedom.
Have you noticed yet that financial freedom will be different for every person and it’s important to work out “your number” so that you know what the goal is?
Grant goes into a lot more detail about how you can reduce this number.
If you have $2,000 per month property income then you will only need $50,000-$24,000= $26,000 passive income from index funds each year.
This means your number would be
26,000 x 25 = $650,000
You can also take off any income that you know you will be earning if you are planning to work part time or have another source of income.
I personally think the honesty and focus on building a side huslte makes this book stand out when compared to similar books I’ve read.
The focus is on the exact right points if you have any interest in reaching financial independence to retire early (FIRE).
There is no selling some make believe dream.
You need to hustle.
But Finacial Freedom will show you how.
Learn how to make money online with this free email course…
Financial Freedom Book Review: The “MakeTimeOnline” Review Final Word
The more and more you review this page the more you begin to find yourself excited at the possibility of reaching financial freedom much sooner than you first thought possible.
This Financial Freedom book review has shown you some of the things that you will learn from the book.
If you’re wondering why you should still buy this book after this EPIC review here are some other points you will learn:
- Why you can and should retire early
- How to get clarity on your finances
- How to build wealth quickly
- More about how to hack your job
- The future optimisation framework
- The 7-step fast track investment strategy
- How to live off your investments for the rest of your life
- How to turn $10,000 into millions using other people’s money
- Real estate (property) investing tips
- How to utilise your tax and savings accounts
And do you begin to notice how much value this book can provide?
This isn’t even a list of everything this book has inside it.
Picture yourself 5 years from now.
Imagine what it would feel like to have the freedom to choose what you want to do EVERY day.
The risk of getting this book is wasting a few dollars.
The reward… is unlimited.
So what are you waiting for?
Get on it like shit on velcro!
Keep changing for the better,
p.s. If you have any questions and I mean ANY questions about this Financial Freedom book review, please leave them below. If you have read this book before or something similar please add your thoughts.
p.p.s. If you are serious about making money online, check out my #1 recommended program