How long have you been blogging for now?
- 6 months?
- 18 months?
- 3 years+?
Well, the Rachel Paxton from Creative Home Making has been blogging since 1996!!
She has literally seen Google being built, let alone been through all of the algorithm changes...
Blogging Lessons From an Experienced Full Time Blogger
From Creative Home Making
Make Time Online Podcast on iTunes - Live life on your own terms
We chat about:
- What to do when your business gets destroyed by a big change out of your control
- How to stay passionate and focused for so long
- Some of her favourite up to date tools and resources
- The one thing that Rachel would tell herself if she could go back in time to before she started
Best tools and tips mentioned in the podcast
There are so many value bombs in this podcast so I've just summarised some of the main ones below...
- Blogging is not a "get rich quick and easy" thing
- Anyone can do it, but it takes persistence and consistency
- Having a strong reason for why you are doing it really helps
- Pinteresting Strategies*- Carly Campbell's Pinterest course
- Debbie Gartner's - SEO books*
- Jennifer Leadbitter - Niche post conversion strategies
- As long as you keep learning you cannot fail
But there is so much more you will learn just by listening to Rachel's amazing story. She actually only started her blog before Google even existed so she has seen it all quite literally!
Rachel Paxton Podcast Summary
So here are my 3 main takeaways from this chat:
- Consistency is key- too many people do it for 3 months then give up because the haven't made any money!
- Choosing a passionor interest is so important if you want to do this for a long time
- If you keep learning there is no way you can fail with blogging
So over to you... what were your main lessons from this podcast? Is there anything you want to know more about? Drop a comment below!
Ready to make passive income online?
I've created a growing passive income online with no marketing skills or online experience...
And I've made a special video for you to explain exactly how I did this.