In the spirit of full transparency, know that this FIMP review contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
You probably found this FIMP review because you’ve seen the promises that there is some Free Internet Marketing Training available that shows you exactly how to make money online.
Most people are pretty sceptical about this kind of thing. And as Ian Pribyl will tell you, that’s a good thing!
This honest FIMP review will show you exactly what to expect from the training and whether it is worth your time.
You can also listen to my chat on the podcast with Ian Pribyl, the founder of FIMP.
FIMP- The Overview and Rankings
- Name: Free Internet Marketing Project/ First Time Internet Marketing Project
- Owners: Ian Pribyl (99 out of 100)
- Website URL: https://stoppingscams.com/FIMP
- Type: Internet Marketing Training
- Training: 95 out of 100
- Success Stories: 90 out of 100
- Price: Free/ $297 one-time or $127 x 3 monthly payments for First Time Internet Marketing
- Maketimeonline.com Rating: 95 out of 100
FIMP Pros and Cons
- 46 Text and screenshot lessons for free!
- All the information you need to become profitable as an internet marketer
- Support from the Facebook group
- Only white hat methods taught
- Shows you the cheapest ways to make money online (everything for under $100)
- 65+ updated Video training with real examples (for the paid First Time Internet Marketing course)
- No tools provided
- Information overload if you try to go too quick
- No instant support- just the Facebook Group
- Limited Social Media training
What does FIMP do?
It promises to show you exactly how to go from nothing to earning real money as an Internet Marketer.
It claims to be the cheapest way to create your own online business in the industry. Check out what real people are saying about it in the short video below…
So it’s starting to sound pretty good right?
Well, let’s dive in a bit deeper into this FIMP review…
What’s Inside FIMP… the Free Version?
The Free Internet Marketing Project has 46 text-based lessons.
There are additional blog posts and resources that point you in the right direction to get more information about different areas.
Simply put… this training will take you from knowing nothing about Internet Marketing to being able to make a profitable website in many niches.
There is so much inside FIMP that it would take way too long to actually go through it all in detail.
But here are the main lessons you will get:
- The ONLY 4 Types of Online Business Models
- How to find the perfect niche for you to make money with
- The exact way to set up and design a website (this will cost less than $100)
- How to plan & write articles
- How to bring traffic to your website
- When and how to monetise your website
There is so much more to it than this including working on your mindset, what tools to use and exactly how long it will take to see results (6-12 months if you are posting 2 or more articles a week).
So if all of this is free why is there are paid membership option?
What’s Inside The Paid First Time Internet Marketing Project?
First of all, I want to mention that Ian has made it clear that the original way he set up FIMP was not sustainable.
The project couldn’t keep up with updating content and the costs of the employees so it has updated into 2 options of the course.
- The text-based 100% Free Internet Marketing Project
- The paid First Time Internet Marketing Project
You can learn more about this in my chat with Ian about FIMP here.
Here is what you can get for $297 and the paid version:
So here are the big differences:
- You get more in-depth training including 65 “over the shoulder” videos
- 10 Examples of real-world niche sites that are “killing it” today
- “Building from scratch” case study
Now all of this information and promises probably has your mind thinking…
Is FIMP a Scam?
The short answer is no.
The longer one follows…
There are two main ways an online course can be a scam:
- Take your money and run off into the sunset, never to be heard from again
- Provide some information but it doesn’t live up to their promises
Therefore, FIMP is 100%, not a scam.
In fact, it gives you all the knowledge you need to make money as an Internet Marketer for free. Plus it doesn’t sell any unrealistic expectations. Ian is upfront that this will take time and effort for you to see results.
Just to be fully transparent with you, I have not purchased the paid version of the program myself.
I have researched the website, testimonials and information on the Internet to get to the bottom of what this program genuinely does. This is because I have been burnt from programs like this in the past and I want to prevent others from making the same mistakes. If you’d like to learn more “Ways to Spot an Online Marketing Scam” then click the highlighted text.
- How to Make Money Blogging Quickly
- Affiliate Marketing Online: The Secrets Revealed
- How to Build a Website the Easy Way… in Under 30 Seconds
FIMP: The Good
Keep reading this FIMP review to find out some of the things I like about FIMP…
- Black Hat Methods – Using lies and unethical methods to make someone buy something
- White Hat Methods – Being honest and genuine to help people make informed decisions about purchases <
- Affiliate Marketing- Connecting a customer to a product they are looking for and receiving a commission for doing so
- Red Flag – A warning sign
#1 So Much Great Content for Free
FIMP has all the information anyone needs to start making money online.
It’s all there for you if you follow exactly what Ian recommends!
The detail around certain topics (i.e. niche selection) is second to none and it is all available for anyone to see.
#2 In-Depth Step-by-Step Training
This kind of information can be great and many Internet marketers offer similar value.
However, they rarely offer it for free in an easy to follow solution.
It’s normally scattered and hidden within the website so that it leaves you wanting more.
Ian provides step-by-step training on exactly what to do and then what you need to do next.
There is no need to search for anything more apart from the times that Ian links you to another great piece of content that can help you.
#3 Support From the Community
The Facebook group that Ian has set up is a great place to get advice and get totally honest feedback.
I actually struggled to find the log in to the course recently so I asked the question.
It turned out it had moved… I wasn’t just going crazy!
Ian replied at 2:30 am EST (I was in the Qatar time zone). I’ll admit he could be anywhere in the world, but it just goes to show how amazingly diligent he is to the project.
#4 Focused on Finding the Cheapest Ways to Profitable Internet Marketing
This is the tag line for the whole campaign:
Make a profitable online business for a total cost of under $100.
Ian had it tough growing up, so he is determined to create the most affordable way for anyone to make money online.
He only recommends the most affordable tools and methods needed to get your online business up and running to make a profit.
#5 White Hat Marketing Tactics Taught
Ian doesn’t teach the spammy, scammy sales techniques often taught online.
He only recommends legit, proven and honest methods of building an online business.
If you take pride in your work and have strong morals, then this is the course for you.
FIMP: The Not So Good
Whilst FIMP is clearly amazing, every course has pros and cons.
Here are some of the bad parts of FIMP that you should be aware of before diving in…
#1 No Tools Provided
Ian recommends and walks you through every tool and way to set up your online business that you will need.
However, there are no SEO tools, hosting or additional products provided.
If you really want these things provided in one place then FIMP won’t offer that.
This is pretty understandable seeing as it’s free and could even be looked at as a positive…
You are in complete control of every aspect of your online business.
#2 There’s A Lot of Information
Honestly… a lot!
Some lessons have over 5,000 words alone.
Again this could easily be seen as a positive in this FIMP review as you are getting thorough and actionable advice.
However, don’t expect to just breeze through this information within a few hours.
You will need to dedicate some serious time and effort into reading and learning each phase. This is true no matter what route you go down in FIMP or setting up any online business.
#3 No Way to Get Instant Support
The Facebook group is great. It’s pretty active and you will get answers to your question.
But there is no live chat or method of getting little questions answered instantly.
Are people quick to respond… yes.
Will you get a niggling question answered in under 15 minutes… unlikely.
#4 Limited Social Media Training
Ian admits it himself.
He doesn’t like social media marketing and I can completely understand why.
It’s time-consuming to maintain, takes time to understand and learn the market and can change overnight (thanks to algorithm changes).
However, I have learnt that social media marketing is the only way to get decent traffic to your website quickly when it is new (we’re talking under 6 months).
Pinterest is great for many niches as it’s technically also a search engine and it doesn’t matter about your domain authority. Check out how to use Pinterest for beginners for more information.
- Discover the Perfect Part Time Job Online
- How to Make Money at Home
- Why You Should Make Money Online Part Time
My Opinion- FIMP
It is hands down the cheapest way to get an online business up and running and to make it profitable.
However, this is a method that will take some serious elbow grease and a lot of time and effort to see results. You need to approach it with a good mindest knowing that following the training will eventually get you the results you want.
If you are serious about Internet Marketing then this is a training course that you should check out.
There is a completely free route, so the only thing can possibly lose is your time. But I would bet almost anyone would take something away from the training (even if it’s a refresher for them).
Note- I am in no way compensated for promoting FIMP, this is purely based on personal opinion about the training and I genuinely think it could help a lot of people.
If you’re like me and you absorb written content better away from the laptop then Ian’s book “From Nothing” has all the content of FIMP in it. Get it, read a few pages a day and take notes… you’re future self will thank you for it.
Click the above image to see all buying formats (it’s under $10 on the kindle)
Is There an Alternative?
Here’s something I’ve learnt from Ian…
Anyone that is legit that is offering you a recommendation will not recommend only one product (because that’s fishy, isn’t it?!)
There are different “horses for courses” as they say.
I also highly recommend Wealthy Affiliate for anyone starting out as an Internet Marketer.
To be honest it is very similar to Ian’s training and you can try both for free. But here are the differences I wish I was aware of before starting either:
- FIMP will give you more nitty-gritty details about niche selection and keyword research
- Wealthy Affiliate costs $349 per year- FIMP is free or a $297 one-off payment
- Wealthy Affiliate comes with all the tools you need. For example, website hosting for 50 websites (additional $70+ a year per website with FIMP, this is a must) Keyword research tool (additional $297/ year with FIMP, this is not necessarily needed)
- Wealthy Affiliate has a much bigger community with live chat to get instant support and weekly live webinars
- Wealthy Affiliate has many more webinars and training lessons (not necessarily a good thing, it’s just been running much longer)
There’s not much in it but basically, Wealthy Affiliate is more established with a bigger community. If it comes down to numbers for you then here’s a quick break down:
- FIMP- Minimum of $75 a year for hosting and domain name [optional $297/ year for Long Tail Pro keyword research tool + $297 one-off payment]
- Wealthy Affiliate- $49 a month or $349 per year for everything + $10-15 for a domain name
Learn more in my Wealthy Affiliate review.
FIMP Review: The “MakeTimeOnline” Final Word
To sum up this FIMP review…
FIMP is the real deal and is the most cost-effective method of starting an online business out there.
If you are serious about starting an online business you cannot avoid spending $75 a year on hosting and a domain name. FIMP shows you how to make money from this expense only.
You will need to put in time and effort to see results, but that’s a given for anyone serious about creating an online business.
On a personal note, I would like to say that Ian is one of the most genuine and honest online marketers I’ve had the pleasure of talking to. If all courses were like this, then more people could live life on their own terms.
Keep changing for the better,
P.S. Since you’re still here, I’m going to assume that you are interested in making money online to free up your time. Join the form below to get some great freebies, including a 1-1 chat with me…