Imagine if you could fast forward 5 years from now…
You’ve created this blog that makes over $1 million a year and you’re travelling the world on a sailboat.
You have systems in place so that you can step back from your blog when you want to. And your work is helping millions of people.
Now imagine you could travel back in time to today. You could give yourself the advice that you needed to make this happen and sidestep a load of silly mistakes you made on the way.
Well, time travel isn’t possible (yet!)
But speaking to Michelle Schroeder-Gardner is. She started her award-winning blog Making Sense of Cents in 2011 and has gone on to earn over a million dollars per year for the last few years in a row.
And she is about to walk you through some of the things she would do differently if she had to start over today.
In this chat we talk about:
- Why Michelle and her husband lived in an RV and now are on a sailboat.
- The 4 things Michelle would do if she had a new blog.
- How anyone can use affiliate marketing to boost their income (in fact her course Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing can help with this!) (in fact her course Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing can help with this!).
- The importance of networking and how you can do it right.
Useful tools and tips mentioned in the podcast
There are so many amazing takeaways and useful tips from this chat with Michelle.
To take everything in you really have to listen to the full podcast above.
But there were a few things that she mentioned that had really helped her or what she would do sooner if she started again.
Here are some of the tips and tools that Michelle recommends:
- FinCon (
an awesomethe BEST Financial Conference- it’s an amazing place to network for bloggers)
- Bobby Hoyt’s Facebook Side Hustle Course (FB ads)
- Mike Pearson’s Stupid Simple SEO
- Focus on building an email list (there was no course mentioned here, but a big talking point)
- Michelle’s Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Course
- Pinterest – continually updating images (check out this amazing podcast and article on pin design if you want to learn more about this)
- Simple Pin Media– outsource pin scheduling
Note- these are recommendations from Michelle (the blogger who makes over 1 million dollars a year) none of these are affiliate links as I have not personally taken these courses (yet!)
Popular related content:
- 25 Proven Ways to Make $1,000+ a Month Online
- Blog Income Reports Study- How the 7 Best Niches Make Money
- How do Bloggers Make Money?
Full Michelle Schroeder-Gardner Podcast Transcript
Michelle Schroeder-Gardner Podcast Summary
If you want to get in contact with Michelle then check out Making Sense of Cents and you can find her social media accounts in the top right corner.
So here are the 5 key takeaways that I took from this chat with Michelle:
- She would spend more time building her email list earlier if she started again today
- Find what serves your audience and offer it to them using affiliate marketing
- Find your top 10 performing posts & optimise with solutions that can help i.e. affiliate links
- Learn more about SEO and implement this sooner
- Network with other bloggers and online entrepreneurs
But I’d love to hear from you…
Did you pick up on anything different or did Michelle say something that really hit home for you?