Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is one of those topics that most bloggers cringe at.
It can oftentimes feel like this huge burden with algorithm changes to keep up with and such a complicated sounding traffic strategy.
However, it doesn't need to be like this.
There are things that anybody with a website can do to see quick results from SEO that can help them get free monthly long term traffic.
And this helps to create that mysterious passive income that online business owners seem to crave!
Debbie Gartner from The Flooring Girl joins the Make Time Online podcast to explain exactly what you can do to quickly up your SEO game.
Killer SEO Tips to get Over 500k Page Views a Month
From The Flooring Girl
Make Time Online Podcast on iTunes - Live life on your own terms
We chat about:
- How she went from no income and $238k in debt to making over $20k a month from her website
- How she gets more than 500,000 pageviews a month to her website
- The top tips for any blogger to improve their "off-page" (backlinks) and "on-page" (on your site) SEO
- The importance of diversifying traffic sources (eventually)
Useful tips and tools mentioned in the podcast
There really was so much to take in from this podcast.
To get ALL of the wisdom and value you will have to listen to the chat. But here are some of the key tools & tricks mentioned by Debbie in the podcast...
On page SEO tips:
- Improve your website SPEED! The best way to do that is to improve your hosting - Debbie recommends BigScoots for bigger blogs. But she also recommends Siteground or Namehero as better alternatives to Bluehost.
- Learn more about how to improve your site speed on Debbie's new website Healthy Savvy and Wise.
- Focus on 1 or maybe 2 areas and write a lot of content for that (as in 50+ posts) i.e. Debbie focuses on writing about flooring
- Check your old content. Does it help Google understand your main topic? Consider "de-indexing" it using the Yoast plugin. Check out this post to help with that.
Off page SEO tips:
- Use Help a Reporter to get good backlinks. You may need to respond to a lot to get any good backlinks but it's an easy way for anyone to get links with a bit of "elbow grease".
- Guest post on other bloggers sites to get backlinks. Join great blogging FB groups like Tracey Fobes one here to connect with other bloggers.
Other tips or tools:
- Use Moz to get an idea of your domain authority and other websites authority.
- Diversify your traffic sources once you understand one (don't ONLY focus on SEO)
- Debbie recommends Carly Campbell's Pinterest course and Jennifer Maker's Pinterest Launch Plan.
As you can see Debbie has a lot of wisdom when it comes to SEO.
She even has 2 books to help beginners or anyone looking to up their SEO game:
- Easy on page SEO ($37)
- Easy backlinks for SEO ($67)
If you want to learn more about SEO I would highly recommend taking her free SEO course and checking out this wealth of knowledge here.
*Note these are not affiliate links, just helpful tips from someone who clearly knows what she's talking about!*
Full Debbie Gartner Podcast Transcript
Debbie Gartner Podcast Summary
So if you want to get in touch with Debbie I would recommend taking her free SEO course here (and then you'll be able to email her).
These are my 5 key takeaways from this chat:
- Keep learning
- Improve your site speed... now
- Focus on ONLY 1 or maybe 2 topics to write about
- Get backlinks from Help a Reporter
- Guest post and connect with other bloggers to get backlinks
But I'd love to know what were yours?
Master Pinterest to get Free Blog Traffic
Get access to this exclusive 7 day Pinterest course to make the most of this FREE traffic source.
- 5 graphic design hacks
- Pinterest SEO tips
- Email template to help you join group boards
We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time
What were your main takeaways from this podcast? Any Questions? Drop a comment below