This SeneGence review will answer the question you are probably asking… is SeneGence a scam?
I’m not going to drag this out for you…
SeneGence is a completely legit MLM company.
However is it the right “make money from home” opportunity for you?
The rest of this SeneGence review [with videos] will help you answer that question.
SeneGence Review- The Overview and Rankings
- Name: SeneGence
- Owners: Joni Rogers-Kante (80 out of 100)
- Website URL: senewe.senegence.com
- Type: MLM Company (Beauty, Personal Care)
- Products (Including Pricing): 30 out of 100
- Success Stories: 10 out of 100
- Price To Join MLM: $55 for Distributor Membership Fee + $75-$1,150 Distributor Pack + $550 Optional Training Package (10 out of 100)
- Maketimeonline.com Rating: 33 out of 100
What To Look For In An MLM:
- Low start-up fee – ❌
- High-quality products – ✅
- You don’t have to carry inventory – ❌
- Generous compensation plan – ✅
- An affiliate-like system – ✅
- Company is in the early momentum phase – ❌
SeneGence Pros and Cons
- Established MLM company
- You can make decent money from selling their products
- Lipsense is already an established brand that people know, making it potentially easier for you to sell
- No income disclosure is shared by the company
- There are many negative product reviews
- The truth about MLM success rate (only 1% of recruiters make money)
- The stock runs out meaning you can’t make sales
- It’s expensive to stay an active member
- There are better opportunities that have momentum
What Is SeneGence?
SeneGence is a beauty Multi-Level-Marketing company.
It was founded in 1999 by Joni Rogers-Kante and they sell a variety of makeup and skincare products.
Their Lipsense Lipsticks are by far their most popular product.
The 2-minute video below shows you what some of the SeneGence distributors think about the company…
So it’s probably starting to sound like an interesting opportunity to you.
However, it’s important to understand more about who runs the company as this will often show how well the company will do long term…
Who Owns SeneGence?
Joni Rogers-Kante founded SeneGence in 1999.
She seems to have a pretty clean track record and has only had one suspicion on being sued in 2018 without any real evidence provided as to why or how this went.
Joni oversees over 500 employees at SeneGence and is known for her Cristian religious beliefs, her patience and work ethic.
Her husband, Ben, is SeneGence chief strategy officer.
It’s clear to see that Joni is a shrewd businesswoman and has created a great company in SeneGence.
How Does SeneGence Work?
SeneGence claims to use a direct sales business model (paying commission to people that sell their products).
In reality, it’s much more in line with an MLM structure as distributors get the most rewards when they recruit more MLM members.
However, the part that makes the company stand out is that Joni and her team finds unique ingredients around the world for their original, patented and proprietary formulations.
Watch the one minute video below to see an example…
Now, I can almost hear your mind thinking…
What Are The SeneGence Products?
There are 6 categories that SeneGence products fall into.
- Skincare (6 products from $30-$60)
- Anti-ageing (4 products that cost $40-$85)
- Face (creams and moisturises starting from $30)
- Eyes (around $30 each)
- Lips (includes Lipsense for $25)
- Body (soaps, sunscreens and body wash between $20-$55)
By far their most popular product is their fancy lipstick alternative… Lipsesne!
It is long-lasting, waterproof and doesn’t stain anything it touches.
See the 1-minute video below for more…
But if you’re like me the main thing you want to know is…
How To Make Money With SeneGence
Right then let’s get down to business!
There are two main ways you can make money from SeneGence (as you can from most MLM companies):
- Commission from selling their products
- Bonus commissions from products your “downline” sells
I’d like to make this clear as this is a common misconception:
You do not make money from recruiting people to join the MLM program!…
You actually make a commission and get bonuses from the products your downline purchase or sell.
Small change… big difference!
Here’s Joni to explain what happens when you join the company as a distributor…
How Much Does It Cost To Join SeneGence As A Distributor?
There are 2 steps to becoming a distributor with SeneGence:
- Application fee ($55)
- Choose a distributor pack ($75-$1,195)
Each distributor pack comes with more products and better resources to start.
If you aren’t sure about the company then you may think the LIPS Pack for $75 is probably the best option to start (even if the person who introduced you told you a more expensive pack is better!… *cough* They get more commission *cough*)
But the truth is, you are much more likely to succeed in MLM companies when you immerse yourself and get the best training available.
The additional $550 SeneGence training package includes:
- Weekly Online Training
- SeneGence Website ($300/year renewal)
- Seminar General Seating
- SeneU Event Registration
- PIT Stop Registration
- SeneMedia Collection
- SeneLibrary Training Materials
- MSF Donation
- Launch Demo
So, in reality, you need to spend around $55+ $1,195 + $550.
That totals $1,800!
Plus you need to hit 300 PV every 3 months to remain active (that’s $300 of product sales every 3 months. You will need to buy this yourself if you don’t sell it!)
SeneGence Compensation Plan
MLM programs ALWAYS have super complicated compensation plans.
So I’m going to make it simple for you to understand:
- Get 20-50% commission on product sales you make
- Get bonuses for your “downline” selling more products
That’s really all you need to know to get started.
To make serious money you will need to recruit a lot of people in your downline who continue to buy and sell SeneGence products.
The short video below goes into more detail.
Or if you really want to see the charts and get your head around exactly how you will be paid then check out the full SeneGence compensation plan.
Now, you’re probably wondering…
Is SeneGence a Scam?
No SeneGence is not a scam.
There are two main ways a “make money from home” opportunity can be a scam:
- Take your money and run off into the sunset, never to be heard from again
- Provide some information but it doesn’t live up to their promises
SeneGence clearly offers legit products that many people like.
It’s also possible for you to make money from home by selling these products.
However, it doesn’t mean it’s the best opportunity for you.
The rest of this SeneGence review will look at the pros and cons of joining the MLM company.
Just to be fully transparent with you, I have not purchased this program myself and I do not endorse it in any way.
I have researched the website, testimonials and information on the Internet to get to the bottom of what this program genuinely does. This is because I have been burnt from programs just like this in the past and I want to prevent others from making the same mistakes. If you’d like to learn more “Ways to Spot an Online Marketing Scam” then click the highlighted text.
- How to Make Money Blogging Quickly
- Affiliate Marketing Online: The Secrets Revealed
- 25 Proven Ways to Make $1,000+ A Month Online
Is SeneGence A Pyramid Scheme?
It’s clearly possible to make some money from SeneGence by selling their products and getting a commission.
Technically a pyramid scheme is a company that only pays you when you recruit more people into the company.
Therefore SeneGence is not a pyramid scheme.
However, if you want to make enough money to work from home then you 100% will need to recruit more people into the company.
So some would argue this is really a pyramid scheme in disguise.
What Is A Pyramid Scheme?
A pyramid scheme is when a company recruits members by promising them payment for recruiting more members.
Technically there are no products sold or any other ways for recruits to make money other than recruiting more people to join the company.
The issue with this is… eventually the world will run out of people that can join!
It’s actually surprisingly sooner than you may think too!
As you can see just by recruiting 6 members each the world’s population is not enough to cope with a 13-level company!
…and most pyramid schemes require you to recruit more than 6 people each to make any decent money!
Check out the 5-minute video below to learn how to spot and avoid a pyramid scheme…
SeneGence: The Good
Here are some of the things I like about SeneGence…
- Black Hat Methods – Using lies and unethical methods to make someone buy something
- White Hat Methods – Being honest and genuine to help people make informed decisions about purchases
- Pyramid Scheme – recruits members via a promise for payment from referring others to the service rather than providing a product
- Affiliate Marketing- Connecting a customer to a product they are looking for and receiving a commission for doing so
- Red Flag – A warning sign
#1 Established MLM Company
SeneGence has been around for 20 years.
If a company can get through all the challenges every business faces for that long it shows it’s likely able to do so for the future.
You cannot survive for that long and become a multi-billion dollar company if you’re a scam!
#2 You Can Make Profit From Selling Products
Many MLM’s main focus is on recruiting new members.
However, SeneGence pays its distributors 20-50% commission for every sale made.
You’re about to find out how to make really good money, but it certainly is possible to make a decent income just from selling their products.
#3 Popular Products Already Established
It’s much easier to sell something that people already want.
Lipsense is a product that people already know about and there are many people who use it religiously.
SeneGence: The Not So Good
Here are some of the hidden truths about SeneGence that you should be aware of before you jump in…
#1 No Income Disclosure Statement
This is a pretty big red flag.
Some people actually believe it is a law for MLM companies to display their income disclosure.
It’s not a law, however, most MLM companies do display this.
It’s often a selling tactic from the company.
This tells me something is wrong and either:
- The income statements are so bad that the company doesn’t want to display it publicly
- The compensation plan is so confusing that they cannot accurately track it
My guess is it’s a bit of both but only they can tell you why they don’t display this.
#2 Negative Product Reviews
For me, this is a big nail in the coffin.
There are loads of negative reviews around a whole range of their products.
The most tcommon ones are:
- Products are not safe/ sealed
- Lipsense only lasts for a few hours (not all day)
- Certain products leave rashes or blemishes on the skin
Check out the couple of SeneGence reviews below…
Honestly, these are not even cherry-picked by me… just look at the other reviews on sitejabber to see more the same for yourself.
#3 MLM’S Success Rate (1%)
The FTC produced a report on over 300 MLM companies.
One pretty jaw-dropping stat was that:
99% of MLM recruits lose money.
I knew it was a lot, but I had no idea it was that bad!
Obviously this doesn’t count for every MLM opportunity, but judging by the lack of income disclosure, I would bet it’s no better than average!
#4 No Stock = No Sales
This must be so frustrating for their MLM distributors.
Again there are numerous complaints about the same topic.
It sounds like people panic buy their products whenever they are in stock as they know it won’t last very long!
#5 The Costs To Stay Active Are Expensive
Before you start as a distributor you probably think…
“I can easily sell $300 of stock in 3 months”.
Well, just by judging from the MLM stats and the reviews of SeneGence… it’s not that easy!
If you cannot sell this amount of products then you will need to buy the products yourself to stay active.
You might want to think about getting a bigger garage!
#6 There Are Better Opportunities With More Momentum
If I had to choose an MLM company to start with right now… it wouldn’t be SeneGence.
It’s great that it’s been in business for 20 years but when you are looking to make money yourself, this is often a bad thing!
The most successful distributors get in early on the opportunity to create a big “downline” of other distributors.
When you compare how much Farmasi is being searched in Google to SeneGence you can see what a difference riding the momentum up can make!
You can read my full Farmasi review here if you’d like to know more.
- Discover the Perfect Part Time Job Online
- How to Make Money at Home
- Why You Should Make Money Online Part Time
My Opinion – SeneGence
You will have to fork over a couple of thousand dollars just to get started.
It becomes a huge uphill battle just to break even that most distributors give up before they make their money back (hence the 99% that lose money).
Personally, I would much rather choose another beauty MLM company like Farmasi for a few reasons:
- It’s super low cost to start
- There’s no monthly sales quota to reach
- It’s still in the early momentum phase
Saying that, if you want to actually make a good amount of money from any MLM company you will need to learn how to use the internet to help you market it.
The internet never sleeps and will work for you 24/7/365.
But how can you learn how to use this?…
Is There An Alternative?
It wasn’t that long ago that I was still trying to figure out how it’s possible for people to make money online.
It was in September 2018 that I found a legit training program that has helped me do this…
That chart shows the number of visitors I get to my website every month, for free without paying any money for it (thanks to Google).
The best thing about the training program:
- It’s free to start (no credit card details are required)
- You are taught how to get qualified traffic brought to you for free (just think about how you found this review… there was no money or time spent from me promoting this!)
- There is support from hundreds of thousands of other online marketers
- You don’t need ANY technical skills to start (I was a PE teacher!)
Getting leads to your business opportunity or products you are selling is far more important than anything else. The internet can help you do that all day every day.
When you try out this program you will see why so many people recommend it.
SeneGence Review: The “MakeTimeOnline” Final Word
So is SeneGence a scam?
Is it the best opportunity for you to make money from home?
You have to be the judge of that one.
All I will say is that if you want to be successful in any MLM company, you will need to learn how to use online marketing to your advantage.
Keep changing for the better,
P.S. Since you’re still here, I’m going to assume that you are interested in making money online to free up your time. So check out my review of my #1 recommended program and join the form below to get $950 worth of marketing freebies…