In the spirit of full transparency, know that this Clickbank University 2.0 review contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
You probably already know that creating a passive income online is what a lot of “super-rich” people do in today’s world.
Most people have no idea where to start and think it’s only a special type of person that can do it. Clickbank University 2.0 promises to be what you need to set this passive income stream up for yourself.
This honest Clickbank University 2.0 review (with video) will show you what you get inside and help you to make an informed decision about if it is right for yourself.
Clickbank University 2.0 Review- The Overview and Rankings
- Name: Clickbank University 2.0
- Owners: Matt Hulett, Adam Horwitz & Justin Atlan (85 out of 100)
- Website URL: cbuniversity.com
- Type: Digital Product Creation & Marketing Course
- Training: For Affiliates (40 out of 100) For Vendors (80 out of 100)
- Success Stories: 70 out of 100
- Price: $47/ Month + $594 Upsell + $97 Upsell
- Maketimeonline.com Rating: 72 out of 100
Clickbank University 2.0 Pros and Cons
- Lots of good quality lessons
- Money-back guarantee
- You know it will work for Clickbank affiliates… it was created by Clickbank!
- There is a community for you to ask questions and learn from others
- The website builder is quite good for beginners
- The training is locked for a certain amount of time (different people learn at different speeds/ in different ways… that’s the teacher in me!)
- Traffic methods only focus on paid ads (you will need more money for this)
- Upsells (you may need more money again)
- Poor quality weekly webinars
- Better for Vendors than affiliates (unless you have a product/ want to create a product it may not suit you)
- It’s focused to only promote Clickbank products
What does Clickbank University 2.0 do?
There are 2 main pathways to using CB University 2.0:
- Affiliate training (people promoting the products)
- Vendor training (people making and selling the products)
There are some extra bonuses such as interviews from gurus for mindest and the toolkits you will need for your online business (yes, affiliate marketing is an online business!)
I’ll let Justin explain this in the 3-minute video that you will see before making the purchase…
The training is completely focused on training people to sell or promote products using the website Clickbank.
It’s important to clarify a few questions now before we dive into the rest of this Clickbank University 2.0 review…
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Connecting a customer to a product they are looking for and receiving a commission for doing so.
This usually excites people because you don’t need to create or own the product to make money.
What is a Vendor?
The person that creates a product.
This can be anything from an eBook to a toy car.
What is Clickbank?
It is a website where vendors advertise their products for affiliate marketers to promote.
One thing to be aware of is that Clickbank only supports digital products (i.e. online training or PDF booklets etc.)
Therefore, you can’t find physical products such as gardening tools, furniture or pretty much anything else you think of or see around you right now.
This isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
In fact, it’s considered much easier for affiliate marketers to sell digital products.
So let’s dig in a bit deeper shall we?
What Resources are Included in CB University 2.0?
If you’re like me, you probably quite like to see things visually.
So, if you want to see a behind the scenes look at what CB University 2.0 has to offer you can check out the decent video below that I found on YouTube from 12 minutes to 20 minutes.
Don’t worry about watching the rest unless you really want to (just click play it will start at the right place for you)!
A written Clickbank University 2.0 review will follow…
8-Week Training on Affiliate Marketing
This pretty much covers everything you need to know to become an affiliate marketer on Clickbank.
You will learn things such as:
- How to find products to promote
- The mentality of being an affiliate
- How you get paid commission
- How to pick profitable products on Clickbank (understanding about gravity score etc. is important)
- The ultimate sales funnel and how you can create one
- The importance of your email list and how to give value to your readers
- Plus more
It’s important to note that this training is mainly done with Adam talking into the camera, without videos of their screen or presentations.
As you continue to read this Clickbank University 2.0 review, you will learn more about the pros and cons of this training.
12-Week Training for Vendors
This training walks you through how to create and sell your own products on Clickbank.
This training is 4 weeks longer than the affiliates training.
Each of the 12 weeks has different tasks and objectives. Most have PDF documents with additional training material in.
Justin will walk you through:
- Mindset again… obviously (this really is important for any business!)
- How to find your niche
- Analysing markets
- Creating sales videos
- Split testing
- Approaching upsells (I don’t know why I cringe at this word)
- Building squeeze pages
- And much more!
Just like the affiliate marketing training, it’s mainly Justin talking into a camera.
OK, what else do you get?
Weekly Live Q&A With Adam & Justin
These are recorded so you can watch any of the previous ones you want.
This also means you don’t need to stay up to 3 am if you live somewhere like Qatar!
Most webinars don’t really have a topic so they can be a bit higgledy-piggledy (yes this is a real word in England FYI).
But it’s an opportunity EVERY week for you to ask any questions you have and get answers immediately.
Private CBU Facebook Support Group
There is the support forum, but also a Facebook group.
From what I understand it used to be like a ghost town on those things.
But it seems like it has got much better engagement in recent years.
So it’s another chance for you to ask niggly questions without having to slam your laptop on the wall in frustration.
ClickBank Builder 2.0 (Upsell)
Here you go…
The moment you knew would come!!
The dreaded upsell numero uno…
It costs $594 or 2 payments of $297 for lifetime access.
We’ll get into the pros and cons later in this Clickbank University 2.0 review.
But, for now, know that you can get landing page tools for free i.e. Elementor plugin for WordPress.
Advanced Training (Upsell)
This upsell costs $97 for some advanced training.
I’m just going to make this clear now…
This is insane that they have left out information from the training that already costs $47 a month!
Sorry, I let my emotions judge it there rather than being subjective.
Anyway I didn’t look into this (sorry!), but I can’t imagine it’s worth your time/ money until you’ve actually given this training a real shot
Now, I can almost hear your mind saying…
Is CB University 2.0 a Scam?
There are two main ways an online course can be a scam:
- Take your money and run off into the sunset, never to be heard from again
- Provide some information but it doesn’t live up to their promises
Therefore, no CB University 2.0 is NOT a scam.
It does deliver and it will show you how to become an affiliate or a vendor for Clickbank.
Just to be fully transparent with you, I have not purchased this program myself.
I have researched the website, testimonials and information on the Internet to get to the bottom of what this program genuinely does. This is because I have been burnt from programs just like this in the past and I want to prevent others from making the same mistakes. If you’d like to learn more “Ways to Spot an Online Marketing Scam” then click the highlighted text.
- How to Make Money Online Without Selling
- Affiliate Marketing Online: The Secrets Revealed
- How does Blogging Make Money?
CB University 2.0: The Good
Here are some of the things I like about CB University 2.0…
- Black Hat Methods – Using lies and unethical methods to make someone buy something
- White Hat Methods – Being honest and genuine to help people make informed decisions about purchases
- Affiliate Marketing- Connecting a customer to a product they are looking for and receiving a commission for doing so
#1 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
First of all, at least it gives you some peace of mind.
If it offers a free trial or your money back that’s a great sign for a course.
It usually shows a program is legit.
Unless it costs $27 or something and they hope you can’t be bothered to chase it…
#2 Created by ClickBank for ClickBank
This has been created by the owners of Clickbank.
Now, Clickbank has a bit of a poor reputation for the products sold under the Internet marketing niche.
But it is a legit platform that will pay you when it’s due and many people have made money from them.
#3 Active Community
This is always a good sign of a training platform.
If people engage in discussions then it can help you get answers for any questions.
But more than anything it shows there are real people involved and happy with the platform.
#4 Website Builder 2.0 For Newbies
Normally an upsell is an outright red flag.
But I did dig into this a bit.
Yes, you can get other landing page designers for $67 or even for free as I mentioned earlier.
If you are brand new to online marketing, you won’t have a clue how to lay them out or what will help you convert (I’ve been there done that!)
More than anything you will be paying to learn what a successful landing page looks like.
Is that worth $594?
Only time will tell.
#5 High-Quality Lessons
Whilst being talked at isn’t always people’s cup of tea or best learning style.
There are some good lessons within this training.
You will get taught the basics and everything you need to know about affiliate marketing on Clickbank.
Particularly, if you are looking to become a vendor on Clickbank.
CB University 2.0: The Bad
There are some things you need to be aware of before you jump in though…
#1 Mainly Benefits Vendors
Whilst this was a good thing, it’s also a bit of a bad thing.
Most people that join this course will be new to affiliate marketing.
They will want to learn about how to be an affiliate marketer.
The training is much better for vendors.
There are certainly much better courses you can take to learn affiliate marketing as it misses some important aspects out.
As you keep reading this CB Clickbank 2.0 review, you will learn what these are…
OK, so the page builder might be worth it if you are new.
But nobody likes buying something only to find out they need to. pay more just to access everything there is to offer.
Plus the 2nd upsell is crazy!!
What is the $47 a month for? How can they justify the $97 EXTRA price tag for more training??
#3 Weekly Webinars are Poor Quality
Having a webinar with no focus is just silly.
Some of the previous ones have just turned into a chat and a laugh, which is important to have a community aspect.
But when people are only getting an hour of their time each week, it would be better to have more focus… with the occasional laugh of course.
#4 Traffic Methods- You’ll Need More Money!
There is no training on how to get free traffic to your website or landing pages.
This means that for this to work you need to be prepared to spend more than that $47 per month original price tag.
Paid traffic can be amazing if you get a working funnel.
Do you remember I said the page builder may not be such a bad idea if you are new?
This is why.
You can burn through cash with paid ads just trying to figure out the best design for your landing page and funnel before you get anyone to put their hand in their pocket.
#5 Training is Locked
You can only access the training after a certain amount of time.
This means that if you had one or two weeks where you could work on it full time before going away or back to the day job, you won’t be able to access everything.
I understand the thought process… it’s too much to take in at one time.
But everyone works differently.
Some people like to. skim everything to understand the process and what will come up.
Bad idea… I don’t like it.
- Discover the Perfect Part Time Job Online
- How to Make Money at Home
- Why You Should Make Money Online Part Time
My Opinion – CB University 2.0
Overall, CB University 2.0 is a decent training platform.
It will certainly show you everything you need to know about using Clickbank and making money through either being an affiliate marketer or a vendor.
If you would like to give it a go then click here (yes, this is an affiliate link).
But there is quite a large price tag that goes with it.
If you are a beginner affiliate marketer, you will likely need this for the first year:
- $564 ($47x 12 for the training)
- $594 (for the page builder, you don’t need this but it would help to see success)
- $1,200 (roughly $100 x 12 for advert costs)
- $228 (for Aweber the autoresponder they recommend… I’ve tried them before but I much prefer and use ConverKit for $290 a year)
Grand total: $2,568
Note this is an estimate of the amount to spend if you are a total newbie to see success (i.e. make money within a year).
When you compare this to some other options out there this is a lot!
But maybe it’s right for you?
An Evergreen Strategy That Brings You The Money
It wasn’t that long ago that I was still trying to figure out how it’s possible for people to make money online.
And at the time it had to tick 3 boxes for me:
- I could work on part-time (I was still in a full-time job)
- Didn’t cost a fortune to start and maintain
- Didn’t need me to sell stuff to my friends and family
It was in September 2018 that I found the system that I still use today. In September 2019 I quit my full-time job to put more time into it.
The best thing about it is:
- It’s free to start
- Customers are brought to you that are already interested (just think about how you found this review… there was no money or time spent from me promoting this!)
- You get access to a community of over 1.5 million entrepreneurs (and me as a personal coach to help you on your journey)
When you try out this program you will see why so many people recommend it.
No credit card details required
Clickbank University 2.0 Review: The “MakeTimeOnline” Final Word
To sum up this Clickbank University 2.0 review…
It’s a legit training platform and you can start making money by affiliate marketing on Clickbank.
The vendor training is better than the affiliate marketing route so if you have a product or would like to create something this could certainly be for you.
The choice is yours amigo, but everything you need to know about it is right here.
Keep changing for the better,
P.S. Since you’re still here, I’m going to assume that you are interested in making money online to free up your time. So check out my review of my #1 recommended program to help you do just that…