The future of digital marketing… Seriously?
Yep, it’s revealed in this podcast. And if you don’t believe me, decide for yourself.
Pete is a normal guy.
Majored in music… and then decided to quit before finishing.
He did the odd job, then tried more college degrees.
And finished in the most exciting career path known to man…
No not astronauting…
He found the American dream and jumped straight into the script, only to find he was miserable 🙁
And so he did what everyone else does (or do they?)…
Why do Some Projects not Work?
Pete tried loads of blogs/ business ideas (around 50 in 10 years!) So he has a good idea of what does and more importantly for us… what does not work.
He found that he didn’t give his blogs the time to grow.
It takes more time than you think.
As a general rule, you should plan what you expect to happen and times it by 3!
Breaking the $10k per month barrier!
14 months into Pete’s current website, Do You Even Blog, he made over $10K in one month (November 2018). Here is his $9,663 July 2018 report.
He’s now working on funnels to be more personalised and automated to create more passive income. This just so happens to be a sneak peek into what WILL help you stand out like Shaquille O’Neil at a midgets convention.
- Why Make Time Online? Financial Independence Retire Early Blog
- The Secret to Earn Passive Income
- How we Save £30,000 a Year and Travel as Teachers
Start Monetising Your Blog
Pete is a big fan of creating his own products.
However, if you are just starting out then creating paid products is not the way to go.
With the right audience you can do anything
Your focus should be on growing your audience.
To do this you need to tell the same story on everything!
To monetise a website early on you can use advertising (this is not recommended for some niches i.e. digital marketing can detract trust) and affiliate marketing.
But one of Pete’s regrets is focusing on monetising his website(s) too soon.
- Why do People Create Blogs? These 28 Bloggers Explain Their Story
- How to Make Money Blogging
- 6 Blogging Tips for Newbies
How to Optimise Your Time!
So let’s just reel these off:
- Get fast internet
- Turn the sensitivity on your trackpad/ mouse to the max! 100% DO THIS!!
- Type faster- if your typing speed is under 75 then improve this (Pete’s is over 100… mine is 48 aka new challenge for me this week!) click here to test yourself
- Make your content hyper personalised and timely (check out Brennan Dunn’s stuff doubleyourfreelancing.com)
The future of digital marketing is going to be HYPER personalised and timely.
You heard it here first! (well I did anyway)
Confronting Self Doubt
There’s no easy answer here but I think Pete did a great job:
- Receive real feedback- although you can’t plan for this!
- A close group of people that are doing what you’re doing i.e. a mastermind group
Finding people that are doing what you are doing is SOOOO important. Because it’s unlikely that many people you know will be doing something exactly like you.
It helps for motivation, accountability and sanity!
Find them, engage, stay in contact.
ACTION & Links
Do You Even Blog– Pete’s homepage is so well designed and so easy to navigate to a section that suits you! (Do you notice how it’s personalised?)
Podcast- Do You Even Blog
Make sure you do these 4 things, they can change your life!
- Increase mouse sensitivity
- Get fast internet
- Type faster
- Start a blog
If you’re interested in learning tips for how to get traffic using Pinterest then sign up below for a free email course.
The Future of Digital Marketing Summary
There are so many little gems in this chat with Pete. I highly recommend listening to the section on optimising your time from 31-46 minutes if you’re looking for some game-changing results with your digital marketing.
Here are my top 5 takeaways from this chat:
- Optimise your job- you don’t have to quit straight away you can have a side hustle and security.
- Build a community- it doesn’t have to be massive even a few people that you really help!
- Mastermind group- find like-minded people doing the SAME thing
- Make content personalised and timely- This is the FUTURE!
- Don’t do what everyone else is doing
And are you beginning to see that the future of digital marketing is going to be personalised and timely?
If you have any questions or thoughts drop a comment below.
Keep changing for the better,
P.S. If you are still doubting whether you should give blogging a try then I dare you to click this and not want to give it a shot… I believe in blogging
Seriously… I dare you!
Oh and don’t forget to pin this!